1889 - 1970 (80 years)
||Francesco Nardelli |
||9 Aug 1889
||Putignano, Bari, Italy [1, 2]
||Manhattan, New York, New York
- Enumerated 16 Jan, resided E. 113th Street, visit 316:
Francesco Nardella - age 31, head, subway trackman, b. IT, parents b. IT, imm. 1910
Louisa - age 27, wife, b. IT, parents b. IT, imm. 1910
Mary - age 2, daughter, b. NY, parents b. IT
||Bronx, New York, New York
- Enumerated 7 Apr, resided 3333 Fish Ave with Thompson family, visits 97 and 98:
Hector Thompson - age 32, head, age 26 at marriage, b. NY, elevator mechanic
Florence - age 30, wife, age 25 at marriage, b. NY
James - age 4, son, b. NY
Janet - age 2, daughter, b. NY
John Ferguson - age 62, father, wd
Frank Nardelli - age 40, head, age 26 at marriage, train machinist, b. IT, imm. 1910
Lucia - age 37, wife, age 23 at marriage, b. IT, imm. 1909
Mary - age 12, daughter, b. NY
Camillo - age 8, son, b. NY
Eva - age 6, daughter, b. NY
||Bronx, New York, New York
- Enumerated 9 Apr 1940, resided 3333 Fish Avenue, visit 125:
Frank Nardelli - age 50, head, b. IT, owned home, value $8600, subway machinist
Luisa - age 47, wife, b. IT
Mary - age 22, daughter, b. NY, insurance bookkeeper
Camillo - age 18, son, b. NY, in first year of college
Eva - age 16, daughter, b. NY, in high school
||4 Jan 1970
||Teaneck, Bergen, New Jersey
- The 1910 census gives his immigration year as 1910. Ellis Island passenger manifests shows a Francesco Nardelli on board the S. S. Duca degli Abruzzi, sailed from Naples and arrived at the Port of New York on 21 Dec 1910. Francesco was 21 years old, single, and last resided in Putignano, Bari, Italy. He gave his occupation as 'peasant' (as did most on board) and he listed his nearest relative in the place from whence he came as his brother Michele.
Possibly the Francesco Nardelli listed in the New York County Supreme Court Naturalization Petition Index, 1907-24, residence given as 234 E. 113th Street, petition dated 11 Mar 1924. No image is provided but the source is Vol 623, page 85.
His residence shown in the 1940 census as 3333 Fish Ave in the Bronx NY. The same address is given in a WWII draft registration card dated 17 Apr 1942 where Frank Nardelli gave his birth date as 10 Aug 1889. The SSDI shows Frank Nardelli born 10 Aug 1889 and died Jan 1970, his last residence Teaneck NJ. The SS card was also issued in NJ. The draft registration card describes him as 5' 6", 146 lbs., with hazel eyes, brown hair and dark complexion.
A transcript of Francesco's birth record from the State Archives of Bari gives his birth date as 9 Aug 1889 in Putignano, Bari. It names his parents as Camillo Nardelli and Maria Giuseppa Monpoli. [Certificate #338]
He worked for the Transportation Co. of New York according to Aunt Jean in an email dated 19 Jul 2013.
||29 Dec 2020 |
||Luisa Albano, b. 1 Jul 1892, Putignano, Bari, Italy d. 19 May 1991, Westwood, Bergen, New Jersey (Age 98 years) |
||29 Oct 1916
||Manhattan, New York, New York 
- New York, New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940, transcriptions only
| ||1. Maria Nardelli, b. 1 Dec 1917, New York, New York d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. John Camillo Nardelli, b. 23 Oct 1921, Manhattan, New York, New York d. 19 Aug 1995, New York City, New York (Age 73 years)|
| ||3. Eva Louise Nardelli, b. 29 Nov 1923, New York, New York d. 20 Mar 1999 (Age 75 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||28 Oct 2020 |
- [S17] Vital Records, Birth record, 1891.
- [S185] 1920 Census.
- [S17] Vital Records, Marriage record, 1891.